Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's a boy!

Much excitement has been happening in the Slominski household these days! At a FANA picnic on July 19, 2008 we found out about our beautiful son! Owen David was born August 24, 2007. He weighed 6.68 lbs and was 19.5 inches long. He has been very well cared for since birth at FANA (an orphanage located in Bogotá, Colombia.)

Here we are looking at his picture of the first time!

Our family looking at Owen's picture

Shane's Grandma and Maria Teresa from FANA

Hugs from Cheri (a FANA mom)
Shane and Marcia
Shane and I talking to Mercedes - the founder of FANA
Our son!

The week after learning about Owen was a mad rush to get everything in order so that we could get to Colombia as soon as possible. It was quite the challenge packing not only for us, but for Owen. I jammed all that I could into the maximum number of suitcases we could bring. Owen and I will be staying in Bogotá until the adoption is finalized (approximately 6 to 8 weeks!) and Shane will be staying for almost 3 weeks so needless to say, we have a lot of luggage!!

We left for Bogotá on July 29 and arrived safe and sound, although a couple hours late. We had been a bit apprehensive about the Bogotá airport and going through customs with a suitcase packed full of donations to FANA, but it was a piece of cake. I don’t know if it was because our flight was late, but we were only asked a handful of questions and sent on our way. The red light/green light random baggage check wasn’t even on!

On the plane to Bogotá

We are now settling into our hotel and trying to prepare for the big day tomorrow when we get to meet Owen!


No comments: