On his first day, he seemed in a pretty good mood as he got dressed for school. But when I gently reminded him that Mom wouldn't be able to stay with him, I could see the worry in his eyes (hopefully he couldn't see that I was worried too!) This would be the very first time that I left him with anyone who wasn't family or close friends. I think it was a terrifying thought for both of us! He felt a little better that he could bring his pal Froggy along to school. At least then he wouldn't be alone!
Cole and I hung outside the classroom, trying to peer inconspicuously through the window. I guess we didn't do a very good job as Owen quickly spotted us which made him all the more upset. But he eventually calmed down as I peeked one final time to make sure he was alright before reluctantly leaving. When we arrived to pick him up, he was smiling! He was glad to see us, but also had a great time at school. Phew!!
The first couple weeks were the same, hard for him and hard for me. But it wasn't long before he was running into the classroom leaving Mom standing at the door without even a hug! I guess my little boy is growing up!
No comments:
Post a Comment