| Cole all ready for school |
Cole LOVES Target and with good reason. We spend quite a bit of time playing in the toy aisles. I always let him select one toy to bring with us while we finish our shopping. Unfortunately for him, the toy stays at Target instead of coming home with us. But now he's realized that that's okay because we'll always be going back to Target and he can play with it again next time (I'm sure the Target employees just love us!)
| "Cheese!" Cole with his signature smile |
This year was Cole's second year of attending preschool. The transition for him this year was so much easier than last year. Not only is he attending the same school as he did last year, but he is in the same room with two of the same teachers. The familiar setting and seeing faces he knew made the adjustment all that much easier.
The one big change for him (and me) is that there is no parent portion to the class. Last year, one class a week had parent time where I'd stay and play with him for the first hour, then attend a parenting class across the hall, and then rejoin him for the rest of class. This year no parenting time meant that I have a whole 2 hours to myself three times a week. I haven't had this much time by myself for over 5 years! It's a nice little break to run errands or get the house picked up without having a kid or two underfoot.
| Mom getting in some cuddle time with Cole before school |
Although there were a few tears shed the first week of school, that quickly passed. Now, after I get him settled into an activity in his classroom, I ask him, "Is it okay if Mom goes now?" And he almost always happily replies, "Okay. Bye Mom!" My little guy is sure growing up fast.
| Cole on the move with his backpack |
No comments:
Post a Comment