Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Rose's First Haircut

Rose had her first experience at the beauty salon and got her lovely locks trimmed up.  Her bangs had grown so long that she looked like she was sporting a sheep dog 'do.  I had trimmed her bangs a couple times myself, but this was her first time getting a professional haircut.

"HELP!  I can't see through all this hair!"
We ventured off to Kids Hair for her new hairdo.  We had just been there a few days ago testing out a new stylist.  Poor Cole was the guinea pig, but better to test the stylist out on short hair than long!  The new stylist did a great job with Cole so we decided to try her out again.

Rose wasn't too happy when I put her in the styling chair - she always gets sad when she thinks I'm going to leave.  But she soon realized that I'd just be a foot away and she calmed down (although the TV playing a cartoon may have helped too!)


She was very serious throughout most of the process, sitting very still and gazing at the TV.


But towards the end, she started to attempt her Houdini moves trying to get out of the chair - the girl can escape nearly any restraint!


Luckily the hair stylist, Monica, was used to squirmy clients and pulled out a fun toy mirror that played music.  It did the job captivating Rose for the rest of her hair cut.



She even sat still while her hair was blow dried and braided on the side.  All this from the little peanut who won't even let me put a barrette in!

Getting her hair blow dried

"What is this lady doing to me??"

Sitting still for a braid

All done!!
Of course, the best part came last...the sucker!  She had had a sucker at Kids Hair when Cole got his cut, so she was very excited to have another!  So excited that she put the whole thing in her mouth, wrapper and all!

"Hmmm...this doesn't taste as good as I remember." 
"Much better without the wrapper!"

No comments: