Saturday, January 30, 2016

One Year Ago...

It was one year ago today at exactly 3:17 pm when an email appeared in my inbox.  The subject of the email read "REFERRAL".  I quickly opened it eager to see what information it contained.  Scrolling to the bottom, my eyes immediately locked onto what would be our very first photos of our adorable baby girl!  I was amazed!  After years of waiting, there she was.  With her sweet baby cheeks, head full of dark hair and big brown eyes - it was love at first sight.


A year later, I am still amazed.  Amazed that out of thousands of families waiting to adopt from Colombia, we were chosen for her.  Amazed that each night I get to rock her to sleep and each morning I am greeted by her smile, halfway hidden behind her middle and ring fingers that she still loves to suck.



As I reach for her, she reaches out to grab each and every doll, stuffed animal and blanket in her crib.  Once she has everything in her grasp, she is ready to start the day with her beautiful smile and adorable giggles.  Even after 10 months together filled with hugs, kisses, laughter and love, I am still amazed...



Our sweet Rose Angelina - We loved you before you were even born.  We waited for the day you would arrive with our hearts full of hope, yearning to hold you, to hear you laugh, to see you smile.  It wasn't by chance that we were put together as a family.  So much had to happen for us to be united - changes to the adoption process in Colombia causing a major slow down, our original orphanage closing, and finally, FANA accepting us into their program - it all had to happen to put us exactly where we needed to be.

This day exactly one year ago would forever change our lives, putting an end to 4 years of wondering who our child would be, when we would get the news and where we would be when we heard the words uttered that we were once again parents.  For on this day one year ago, all our questions were answered with one photo of you, our little angel.  Our beautiful hija.  Our amazing little girl.



No comments: