The boys got exposure to a little bit of everything, from somersaults and cartwheels, to the trampoline, bars and balance beam. They worked so hard during their classes that by the end of class, they were sweaty little messes. When the summer session ended, I asked the boys if they wanted to enroll for fall classes. Owen's response was an emphatic "No!", while Cole jumped up and down yelling "YES, YES, YES!" So needless to say, Cole is starting his second session of gymnastics come fall.
Cole loves constantly being on the move - jumping, running, and hanging like a monkey so this was the perfect class for him and definitely challenged him to work on his listening skills and coordination.
Owen's already mastered the art of listening (at least to his teacher!) but gymnastics really helped him work on his coordination and build up more strength.
The hardest part for me was having to watch everything through a thick plate of glass. I'll admit, I'm an over-protective mama bear. But when a mishap occurred, like falling off a mat or getting head-butted by another kid, the boys just pulled themselves together and kept on going. And when they accomplished some awesome new skill, they always glanced over to make sure that I was watching. Yep, I'm one proud mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment