Dear Kate Juliana,
Oh, my sweet baby girl! How we've longed to see your beautiful face! You are the piece of our missing puzzle. I always knew I'd have a daughter named Kate. I picked out your name over a decade ago and have been patiently waiting for your arrival. I knew the moment I saw your photo, there you were - our Kate Juliana.
You are named after two of your Great Grandmas - my Grandma Katie Klein and Pa's Grandma Kay Slominski. You already have two guardian angels watching over you. Your middle name, Juliana, was given to you by your Birth Mama. It's extra special because it also includes your Birth Mama's name. Reading throughout the paperwork we received, it is obvious just how much she loves you.
The world became brighter on Monday, July 17, 2017 when you entered this world. You weighed a whopping 5 pounds 15.5 ounces and were 19.7 inches long. While you were making your grand debut, over 3,000 miles away we were busy with a day full of typical activities. Pa was working. Cole spent the morning at summer school followed by Taekwondo that afternoon. Owen was on Pleasant Lake that morning enjoying his first sailing class. Rose and I spent the day chauffeuring the boys to activities and dropping off our updated FBI clearances at our agency for your adoption. We had no idea that on this very day, our beautiful little girl had been born in Bogota, Colombia. 7/17/17 - the date couldn't be more perfect! God definitely knew all the issues your mama has remembering dates when he picked your birthday!
When our very first photos of you arrived in my inbox, our hearts melted as we gazed at your face for the very first time. Those beautiful brown eyes, that adorable smile and those kissable cheeks! You were perfect! I immediately noticed that you were wearing your Big Sister Rose's favorite pjs! You both rock the leopard print!
Your pictures are hanging throughout our house and every time I see your photos, my heart literally skips a beat, like butterflies fluttering around inside it, and a big smile appears on my face, so big I can actually feel it all the way up to my ears. It's as though I'm dreaming and need to pinch myself, but it's not a dream. You are finally here, ready and waiting for us to wrap you up in our arms.
It seems like the paperwork process is going at a snail's speed - our arms long to hold you, our lips to kiss those sweet baby cheeks. Our hearts are already overflowing with love for you, our precious baby girl.
Pa and I attended a fundraiser for your sister's preschool shortly after finding out about you. They had a silent auction with lots of items available to bid on. But when I came across a bottle of champagne with two glasses labeled "Mom" and "Dad", I knew I'd be going home with that package! We are waiting to crack it open and celebrate when we finally get approval from US Immigration to travel to get you.
Until then, sweet baby girl, we know that you are being well taken care of at FANA and we pray that it is only a matter of weeks until we will finally be united as a family of 6! We love you Kate! We are coming soon!
Love,
Mom





No comments:
Post a Comment