It's been three years since you were first placed in our arms. Oh my, how you have grown! You were so tiny, taking in the faces of all the new people staring at you. Your big brother Owen exclaimed on the drive back to our apartment that "We got the cutest one at FANA!" He was so proud of you. As for Cole, he wasn't sure what to think about you. It took him a while to warm up to his baby sister.
Fast forward three years, and how the times have changed! You are our feisty three year old, wanting to do everything yourself. You are always taking your brothers belongings and getting into their space. I lose track how many times a day I say, "Rose, leave your brothers alone!" But you are also so sweet and loving, waiting by the door for the school bus to arrive every day, eager to welcome your brothers home. You often have a surprise, or "prize" as you call it, for Cole when he walks in the door - usually some sort of treat that you're anxious to share. Waiting for the school bus is a new event for you, as you used to be sound asleep napping the afternoon away when the boys got home. Alas, naps are no longer a part of your vocabulary. While you would likely still nap, your nightly chatting to yourself until nearly 10:00 pm was a key sign you were sleeping too much during the day. Now you lay down for bed around 8:00 pm and are usually sound asleep within 30 minutes.
You still LOVE your elephant blankie that you call Two-Two (because you have 2 of them.) It's been your must have item since you were a wee one - you can't sleep without it! You always grab on your Two-Two's tag while sucking your middle and ring fingers. It's your signal that you're ready to catch some shut eye. You love tugging on your Two-Two's "taggie" so much that the tag fell off one of them. You were not happy about that! In a panic I located 2 more of the exact same blankie on Ebay and paid a ridiculous price so you'd have a couple spare ones with tags, but that didn't suffice. The new tags just weren't the same. Even though you now have a total of 4 Two-Twos, only the old one with the beat up tag still attached will work for you. You sure do love that old Two-Two.
Your vocabulary is flourishing, although sometimes your enunciation leaves me a tad confused. Like recently when we were walking to the car and you keep insisting, "Mom, I wanna walk! I wanna walk!" and I responded, "Rose, you are walking!" It took quite a bit of persistence on your part to finally show me that you were REALLY saying, "I wanna rock!" Whoops! You love collecting rocks. Ironically I was also a collector of rocks when I was young. You love taking home rock souvenirs from any place you can find one.
Some of my favorite mispronunciations of yours are "fa-nana" aka banana, "no" aka snow, "mell" aka smell, and "alligator" aka elevator. Speaking of the "alligator", you always must be the first one to the elevator, running as fast as you can (most likely chasing your big brother Owen), because getting to push the elevator button is like Christmas morning to you!
You just may be part puppy. You are always pretending to be one - from the barking and crawling around on the floor to fetching toys with your mouth! You even request to eat your snacks on the floor as you try to gobble them up hands-free using only your month, just like a puppy! If I call you my sweet baby girl when you are in character, you kindly correct me with, "No Mom! I'm a baby puppy!" You are one great pretend puppy!
For a special treat, we stopped by the ice cream shop at our resort and you got to choose whatever flavor you wanted. You went back and forth on a couple options before committing to Mint Chocolate Chip. You love chocolate so I think the chips were the selling point!
Even though we were all stuffed, there was no way we'd end your special dinner celebration without dessert! Your eyes lit up when you saw the yummy fried ice cream - you could not wait to dig right in!
Rose, you are our silly, sweet, independent, affectionate, imaginative little girl. We are so blessed to call you our daughter! A very happy 3rd Family Day to you!






No comments:
Post a Comment