On Monday, March 11th, our I-600a application arrived at the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) lockbox in Texas. Now the next leg of our waiting game would begin.
On March 16th, I received a text confirming that our case was received by USCIS. One week later on March 23rd, our USCIS fingerprint appointment notices arrived in the mail - our appointment was set for April 2nd - just 1 1/2 weeks away AND at a time that worked for Shane's schedule!! YAY!!
Thankfully the days had been passing quickly and before we knew it, April 2nd arrived! Popi Dave swung over to watch the kids while Shane and I ran to St. Paul for our 8:00 am fingerprinting at USCIS. We were 2nd in line waiting at the office for the guard to open the door. It was COLD today and the 8 minutes waiting outside seemed to take forever!
Finally 8:00 am struck and off we went on an all too familiar process for our fingerprint appointment. Everything went smoothly and we were in and out in just 10 minutes!
Now we wait for our final approval notice - the I-600a. After polling all my social media sources, if all goes well, we could get approval in as quickly as 2 weeks! Once we get that last piece of paper, our dossier can finally be sent down to Guyana. We are getting close!!
Please continue to pray for our little girl. Her needs are great, but we know that God can work miracles in her life!

No comments:
Post a Comment