We have been settling into our new lives as a party of 5! We returned home from Colombia just in time for the boys to finish up the school year. The boys were both happy to be back at school and I was relieved to hang up my homeschool hat. The boys do their school work much more willingly for their teachers than for their Mom!
The return to school also meant lots of car time. Rose's first experience in her car seat riding home from the airport didn't go so well. She hated being strapped in which resulted in lots of tears, crying and screaming. This continued for a couple weeks. She'd get so worked up that she'd end up falling fast asleep in her car seat. She took her best naps strapped into that seat. It was definitely a love-hate relationship. Eventually she made her amends with her loathed car seat and they are now (for the most part) best of friends.
 |
| Snoozing away |
We are truly enjoying all of our "firsts" as a family of 5. Our first time going to our church with the newest little Slominski was especially joyful. There were many prayers said (and a few tears shed) sitting in those pews over the years while we waited for our little bundle of joy - and now she was finally here! She looked especially adorable all dressed up for mass.
 |
| Dolled up for church |
Rose absolutely loves her three kitties (Zoe, Eli and William). Whenever she sees them, she crawls right on over to try to pull their hair. We're still working on how to gently pet the kitty. While Zoe keeps her distance, William and Eli are a bit more willing to put up with some rough love from a very eager little girl.
 |
| "Hi there boys" |
 |
| "Do you mind if I yank out your fur?" |
Owen and Cole adore their baby sister! They love playing with her, giving her snacks, tickles, hugs, kisses, you name it! Although they are still working on sharing their toys - neither appreciate finding one of their belongings covered in drool or, as they like to call it, "baby slobber".
Rose is officially mobile! We were home for all of 5 days when she started crawling. Thank goodness I had baby-proofed the house before we left for Colombia. She is always on the move!
 |
| "Here I go!" |
 |
| "I'm off to do some exploring!" |
Now that she's mobile, she does not like to be confined - no jumper, no exersaucer - the girl has gotta move! The only seat in the house that she'll happily sit in is her high chair. She loves to feed herself "big girl" food. Although she wasn't too excited about her finger food the first time she tried it, she is now an old pro!
 |
| "I'm supposed to eat THIS??" |
 |
| "I'm not so sure about this." |
 |
| "Here, you try it!" |
When she's done eating, she makes her "all done" face. It's definitely a sight to see!
Rose is pulling up to stand on anything she can - chairs, couches, toys, you name it! Every morning I'll find her standing up, clinging to her crib railing. She loves standing and is so proud of her new ability.
Rose loves bath time! In Colombia she was confined to a small baby bath, but at home she gets to use a full size tub and she makes use out of every inch of it! She loves to crawl, turn over to back float, sit up, lay on her tummy - she is everywhere in the tub! Her first time in the big bath, she tried with every ounce of her strength to dunk her face in the water while I was trying with all my might to keep her head above water! Finally I let her put her face in and was shocked to see her blowing bubbles in the water! She just might be part mermaid!
 |
| "Yay! Bath time!" |
Rose loves being silly - squinting one eye, scrunching up her nose and curling her lip to make her Popeye the Sailor Man face. She loves blowing spit bubbles and raspberries in the air, especially when she's eating! She can even make the cutest purring noises in the back of her throat. She's quite the multi-talented little lady!
 |
| "Arg! I'm Popeye!" |
 |
| Showing off her spit bubble blowing talent |
 |
| Blowing raspberries during dinner |
 |
| "Aren't I a silly girl?" |
 |
| "Oh boy, I sure am goofy!" |
She is such a great little helper - she'll pick up her burp rag and proceed to wipe Mom's face just like I do to her. She's also very eager to share her toys, especially her chew toys. She'll be quick to offer a drool covered toy and place it directly into your mouth just for you.
The 1st half of May is full of lots of celebrations in our household - Mother's Day, my birthday, and our anniversary. This year was extra special celebrating with our
three beautiful kids. We are so blessed! Of course photos are now even more difficult to get a picture with everyone looking. But we tried! Rose was just more interested in looking at her silly big brothers!
Every morning I wake up, peak at the video monitor and look in amazement at this beautiful little girl with the big head of hair sleeping soundly in her crib. Of all the families in the world, we were chosen for her - our little Rose. We are forever grateful and truly blessed to call her our daughter.
God's plan for our family was so much better than we could have ever anticipated. Through the years (and many tears), He knew exactly where our journey would end. We are so thankful we put our trust in Him. Rose was so very much worth the wait!
"For this child, I have prayed; and the Lord has granted the desires of my heart." 1 Samuel 1:27
No comments:
Post a Comment