This morning we got an update on our court case. Our case was "legally admitted" to the courts on Friday, February 23, and today it was sent to one of the judges. We are so thankful for some movement in the process.
The next step is for the judge to review our case and sign the adoption decree making Sam legally our son. By the end of this week, we should hopefully know more. We are trying to figure out our accommodations in Bogota, but without exact dates, it is quite difficult to plan.
It has been sooooo hot here in La Mesa with no breeze to provide relief. Even at night it's hot and humid, making sleep a bit challenging. Due to the bugs, we keep the windows shut once the sun starts setting. Last night I didn't realize that the exterior door in my bedroom leading to the second level terrace was open. While it felt cool last night as we slept, those sharing my room woke up covered in bug bites and we have been itching all day.
Shane headed off to Bogota at 9:30 am to catch his flight back to the US. The rest of us had another low key day of swimming, card games, and of course, playing with doors.
Sam is quite obsessed with doors. Every time I walk by one while carrying him, he makes his move to attempt to grab it. And if I'm too quick and he doesn't succeed, he lets you know his displeasure with the cutest little whimper.
Today it was just my mom and I handling our wild and high maintenance crew of 5 kids. Overall, the day went well, even nap time!
Now I'm just waiting for the two wide-eyed kiddos laying next to me to fall asleep. Good night from La Mesa!







No comments:
Post a Comment