I can't seem to get that jazzy song out of my head! Hello everyone! This is lil' Owen Slom updating you on my big night of trick-or-treating! I had heard Mama and Papa talking about this trick-or-treating thing all week long, but I had no clue what they meant! Boy was I in for a real treat!!
When Papa got home from work, they tag teamed me and started putting my pjs on! Pjs! At 5:00 in the afternoon! I thought they were nuts!
Now, I'm only 1 year old, but I know that after PJs comes the sleep sack (it's kind of like a blanket, only it zips up around you so you can barely move around. Thank goodness I'm not claustrophobic!) But Papa pulled out the oddest looking sleep sack I had ever seen! Orange and black striped! With a hood! Arggg! Haven't they figured out that I'm just not in to hoods!
I tried and tried to pull that darn hood off, but it wouldn't budge!
Oh no! This hood is glued on!
Mama and Papa kept telling me it was OK, that I'd get used to it, and that I looked soooo cute. But I wasn't sold.
Come on, tell me the truth, do I look ridiculous??
Both Papa and Zoe tried to take my mind off my crazy hood. Mama even got it on video...
I started getting pretty upset with this silly outfit and when that happens, only one thing will cure my nerves...a club cracker!
That's the good stuff!
...so after a tasty cracker, I was ready to give this trick-or-treating thing a try. Our first stop was the neighbors. Mama and Papa said "trick-or-treat" and the neighbor handed over a present! Wow! This was a great gig we had going on!
Then we hoped in the car and took off for the Able's house. Once again Mama and Papa said trick-or-treat and Marcia threw a bunch of candy in my pumpkin! I sure hit the jackpot! I must have been super cute in my costume because we got invited in. I had a blast playing with Dennis and Marcia! Marcia even showed me her pet crab! I had never seen a crab before! It was so very interesting that I kept wanting to go back and take another look, and I made sure everyone knew by using my tried and true, point and squeal technique - it works like a charm every time!
After a fun visit with Marcia and Dennis, it was time to go see Great Grandma and Grandpa Dineen and Grandma Slominski. They filled my pumpkin up with all sorts of treats! And gave me a couple more bags full of goodies! I sure wish every day was Halloween! I was pretty interested in this neat little snow globe I got from Grandma. I thought maybe it was made out of chocolate so I was trying hard to take a bit out of it. I was concentrating really hard on my snow globe when everyone started ooooing and aweing. I didn't know what the big deal was. But then I realized...I was standing on my own!!
When I figured out that Papa had let go me of, plop I went!
I must say, standing is exhausting! Papa put me up again and I stood on my own for some time...and then down I went. It was just like the teeter totter - up and down and up again!
Just give me one minute to rest Papa!
By the end of the night, I was really getting good at this standing thing.
Mama even caught my new accomplishment on video! (That's Mama squealing in the background!)
I had a blast trick-or-treating this year! I really loaded up on the treats and couldn't wait to dig in - candy for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Yummy! But Mama said the mouse ate all my candy! Can you believe it?!? That darn mouse!
No comments:
Post a Comment