Many huge steps forward have happened in the last couple weeks! We are getting so close to finally seeing our little girl!
As you may remember, on Friday, April 26, I got an email from USCIS notifying us that we had been approved!! Our last big approval needed on the US side! I had hoped that they would be willing to email me our approval letter so that we could finally send our dossier down to Guyana. After waiting several days and getting no news, on Wednesday, May 1st, I emailed back the officer who had been assigned to our case asking if they'd be emailing our approval. Her response... they had put it in the mail and we should get it the following week. Ugh. More waiting for no reason.
That same day, I emailed our adoption agency Hopscotch asking if I could send them our dossier documents minus the missing approval letter to save us some time. They only needed a copy of the approval letter, so I didn't know why I was originally told to wait and send everything to them at once.
I heard back from them the next day on May 2nd saying, sure - send the documents. YAY! This would save a couple days of mailing time once we got our approval letter. Off we headed to the UPS store to overnight our dossier to North Carolina. I about had a heart attack as I watched the UPS man bend, fold and stuff my envelop into one of theirs. Hopefully he hadn't damaged any documents. I emailed Hopscotch that our dossier was on its way and would arrive the next morning.
After stocking the mailman all week long, on Friday May 3rd, I walked out to the mailbox trying not to get my hopes up this time and guess what I saw...a letter from USCIS!! Our approval letter had FINALLY ARRIVED!! Our dossier had arrived at Hopscotch that very morning and now I could email them our approval letter! Our dossier was finally complete!!
I quickly sent off our USCIS approval letter to Hopscotch and asked how quickly would they be able to get our dossier to Guyana. She responded saying, "the top of the week" it would be sent. I responded, "How about on Monday?"
On Monday, May 6th, I got an email from Hopscotch - our dossier was on its way to Guyana!! I asked for tracking numbers and of course, never got them. It seems like I need to push and push to get the slightest bit of information. I emailed again asking to please be notified when it landed.
Today I got the email - our dossier is in Guyana! Now we wait for the Child Protection Agency in Guyana to review our documents. If all goes well, we should be getting the thumbs up to schedule our travel dates very soon!! Fingers crossed we can be on a plane headed to Georgetown in the next couple weeks! We are coming soon baby girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment