Sam wrapped up his second and final year of preschool at Snail Lake Education Center. I remember the awful feeling of dropping him off for the very first time and the look of sadness on his face as I left him there. We were both a mess. But by Day 2, he was already looking forward to school so I knew it was a good decision. Sam loved his teachers that first year so when he re-enrolled this year, I made sure it was with the same fabulous ones that he already knew.
Ms. Sarah was Sam's Preschool Teacher. She was the one reason I felt confident that he'd be okay. She taught both Cole and Rose in preschool, so I have known her for a long time. This is an end of an era knowing Sam will be her very last Slominski after all these years.
Ms. Rachel has been Sam's Special Education teacher. She is fresh out of college, enthusiastic, always smiling and excited to see him every day at drop off. Sam adored her (we all did). She is an amazing teacher and we will definitely miss her next year.
Mr. Noah was new to the team this year, but he quickly became Sam's favorite. Sam even learned how to say his name. He'd shout "Noah! Noah!" every time we pulled up to the school and insist on Mr. Noah's help throughout the day.
Sam's class celebrated the end of the school year with a short program and popsicle treats. What a fun way to end the year! Next year he'll be attending a new preschool class at the New Brighton Early Education Center location with a small group of other wheelchair users. We are so excited for him and hope next year is as amazing as these past two years have been.




No comments:
Post a Comment