Wednesday, February 04, 2015

And the Countdown Begins!

I have been up to my eyeballs in paperwork for the past 3 days.  Lots of filling out forms, printing, signing, coping, and running around to drop things off, pick things up and get things reviewed.

On the paperwork front, today was a big day.  Lutheran Social Service (our adoption agency) finally finished their piece of I-800 late this morning.  The I-800 is the part of the paperwork process that takes the longest, anywhere from 6 to 9 weeks.  The sooner it's completed, the sooner we can travel to Colombia to get our Rose.  So we definitly wanted to get those documents sent off as soon as possible!  There was only one issue.  During the past 4 years, we've moved...twice.  So our paperwork is pretty confusing.  And our official referral documents have our old address on.  When completing very important paperwork, you always want the facts to be 100% accurate!

I had sent an email to the officer assigned to our case at USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) this morning asking if we could still submit our paperwork to get the ball rolling.  I honestly did not expect to receive the answer I got.  Early this afternoon she responded saying YES.  We could submit our paperwork and email her the corrected documents when they arrive.

I was SO relieved to read her response!  Cole and I quickly grabbed our envelop of very important documents, cruised down to the UPS store and overnighted them to USCIS.  Tomorrow morning they should receive the paperwork and officially the countdown begins!  We'll be tracking the progress along the way (there are many, many steps involved) and hope to start narrowing down our travel date.

We are so excited to be one huge step closer to traveling!  We are coming soon sweet Rose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Slominskis! She is a dolly and oh the fun you are all going to have with a little sister under your roof! We are so happy for you all and hope the rest of the waiting period sails by smoothly and quickly for you! Bienvenida, Rose Valentina!

Heather, Mike, Cameron and Carley Felt