After 2 1/2 years of wanting to make the trip, we finally did it! Aria and I spent two weeks in Toronto working with the best of the best - Simona DeMarchi! Simona is a physical therapist specializing in a technique called CME (Cuevas MEDEK Exercises). CME was created by Ramon Cuevas in Chile. Simona was taught directly by him and has spent the last 30 years working with children with Cerebral Palsy.
Simona is by far the best PT we have ever had the opportunity to work with. Aria spent 45 minutes twice a day for 10 days working directly with her. It was an astonishing sight to see.
I was blown away by what Simona was able to do with Aria. I must have uttered a dozen times a day, "AMAZING!" It was truly amazing watching her expert handling and ability to get Aria to do things no other PT has accomplished before. And all while making it look so easy.
We are thrilled to be able to return for another 2 week intensive in July and this time, Simona will be working with both Aria and Sam! I can't wait to see what amazing things they will accomplish!
No comments:
Post a Comment