We spoke to Sadie, our lawyer, who said the chances were very slim, although possible, that the Judge would squeeze our case in on Tuesday so we could still make the Wednesday Adoption Board Meeting. But we have little faith that everything will come together that quickly - we've been at the same point now for over a week with no progress.
We were left in a bit of a quandary. Do we still go, spend thousands of dollars on flights and a hotel, knowing how unlikely it would be that we'd have the necessary approval to make the Adoption Board Meeting? Or do we stay and make plans to travel in 4 weeks for the August board meeting? What a horrible decision to have to make. The thought of not seeing Aria for another month is truly heartbreaking.
In the end, we decided the most logical decision was to stay and wait for the August Adoption Board Meeting. While crushing how close we were to getting Aria home sooner, we now know worst case scenario that come the end of August, we will be heading to Guyana to bring Aria home.
We spoke again with Sadie this evening who agreed we should cancel our trip. She is going to continue pushing forward to get our First Order granted and if it happens before the Adoption Board Meeting on Wednesday, she will ask if they would be willing to do our interview via Skype. This would be best case scenario and allow us to travel early August to complete Aria's adoption. Please continue to send up your prayers!

No comments:
Post a Comment