Saturday, May 19, 2018

Day 21: A Birth Certificate and a Plan

Everyone spent the day relaxing in the apartment, except for Shane. He had a busy and productive day! Maria Teresa Perez picked him up this morning to drive to the Notary to get Kate's updated birth certificate naming us as her parents. Their mission was a success! They got 12 notarized copies so we can have some extras to take home with us since several are left here in Bogota at various offices.

Afterwards, Maria Teresa dropped off Shane, our stroller, and two giant bags of laundry at Lava Sport. I'm sure they recognized him as the Gringo from our previous visits.  He set to work washing, drying and folding the clothes and then strolled them all back to our apartment. I wish I had a photo of him pushing our stroller down the busy Bogota streets loaded up with laundry! Instead I had to request a photo after he returned from his adventures.


The rest of us spent the day playing outside, working on school work, spending time on electronics, eating (especially Kate - she loves her bottles and veggie baby food!) and napping for the two youngest.

Kate having lunch
Cole playing games on the Chromebook
Big brother watching baby sister sleep
Rose licking her chops during lunch
Owen doing what he loves most - playing on the iPad
Cole chasing birds outside our apartment
Sisters sucking their favorite fingers

Two sleeping beauties

Today Kate got gussied up in a brand new outfit. She looked adorable! Most of her clothes are hand-me-downs, but I had to pick up an few cute ones just for her.


Kate's oxygen saturation levels have been really good so today we lowered her oxygen to 1/16 liter.  I tested her levels throughout the day and she is holding steady! She just might be getting close to being off oxygen all together!


There are 4 items left on our agenda that we need to complete before Kate can come home: 1) her Colombian passport; 2) her US Embassy doctor appointment; 3) the Conformidad Certificate from Bienestar stating that Kate's adoption conforms to the law; and 4) her US Visa.  We should be able to complete all these steps by Friday, May 25th!!

Our original flight home was booked for Thursday, May 24th but since we won't be done with everything by then, we had to come up with a plan for our return trip. Our current plan is that everyone, but Kate and I, will return home on our original flight.  Kate and I will stay and finish the remaining steps needed for her to leave the country. Then Shane will fly back with the airline approved oxygen tank and the three of us will fly home Sunday, May 27th. If all goes as planned, in just 8 days, we will all be home!

No comments: