I've been having all sorts of problems using the local delivery app (similar to DoorDash) so the coffee was not able to be brewed this morning due to a lack of bottled water. Nana Bev and I needed our morning coffee! So Rose, Kate and I took a stroll down to Juan Valdez. It was a mad house at the cafe with a long backed up line, but we eventually got our drinks and some bakery items to transport back to the apartment.
Late this morning, I had two appointments on the agenda. Our driver picked me up for our first stop - the passport office to pickup Samuel's passport. It was a quick errand and I'm so glad to have this very important document in my hands!
Next we drove to the pediatrician's office. There was a document the pediatrician and I both had to sign. We showed up with only 5 minutes to spare. If we had been 5 more minutes late, the doctor would have been on his lunch break and we would have had to wait for his return. Luckily, we got there just in time and walked out with the document signed.
We are now onto the final step - the US Visa! Our in-country team had already requested Samuel's Visa appointment, so there was nothing left to do until we heard back from the Embassy regarding our appointment. I had hoped we'd hear something early next week, but we found out this afternoon that we have a 7:30 am visa appointment on Monday!! Things are really rolling along, and we should easily make our return flights home on March 16th.
I got back to our apartment around lunch. We got everyone fed and then ventured down the road to Parkque 93 to play on the playground. The girls had been ogling it while we were at Juan Valdez so I promised we'd head over later to check it out.
The weather in Bogota is PERFECT! Not too hot and not too cold. We are loving the cooler temps and lack of bugs in Bogota. No more getting eaten by mosquitos!
There was a sand pit at the park and the girls were making sand castles in the play area. The sand was a HUGE and messy hit amongst the girls, especially Aria. Soon she was slinging it everywhere, even at her sisters' faces! There were three very sandy girls by the end of our time at the park.
While we were there, Shane texted that he and Owen were on their way to a grocery store nearby and would soon be at the apartment. So we headed back to make sure we'd be there to greet them. Everyone was thrilled to have Shane return and to see Owen - it had been over 3 weeks since we last saw Owen.
We decided dinner out would be a great way to celebrate their arrival. I gave Owen the option to choose and he picked Crepes and Waffles. It had been 5 years since he had last been to one.
It's great to finally have our entire family of EIGHT together. I can't believe how shockingly smooth Sam's transition to our family has been. It's clear he was meant to be our son/brother/grandson. We are all smitten by that smile and those adorable dimples.
Even Aria has taken a liking to him. I was the most worried about her and how she'd react to her new little brother. She's never liked me holding other kids so I expected the worst. But she's taken it all in stride.
Tomorrow we are venturing off to the Salt Cathedral in Zipaquira. It will be an all-day excursion on non-stroller friendly terrain so we will be testing out our baby carriers for the youngest two. They are quite heavy kiddos so it will definitely be a workout. But it's the most amazing sight to see. We can't wait to see it again!














No comments:
Post a Comment