Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Day 15: Adoption Certificate Tomorrow (Hopefully)

Today was a long one here at the hotel. I spent the majority of the day waiting and wondering what I would hear from Sadie regarding Aria's Adoption Certificate. Would we have to wait an entire week? Would we get it today? I didn't know what to expect.

To pass some time, Aria and I grabbed breakfast down by the pool. We slowly munched away, trying to take as much time as possible with absolutely nothing to do but wait and wonder.


With Sadie's sister ill and trying to get ready for her upcoming trip, I didn't want to bother her about the status of the Adoption Certificate. I figured she had a lot on her plate so was hoping she'd contact me rather than me bugging her. I gave her the majority of the day to give me an update, but at 3:00 pm, I couldn't wait any longer and sent her a text.

She responded shortly after that our Adoption Certificate will be ready TOMORROW MORNING!! YAY! We wouldn't have to wait an entire week! Such great news! Sadie will be picking it up tomorrow and dropping it off at the hotel. Depending on when that happens, we just may get Aria's passport application submitted tomorrow too! The Guyanese passport is the last step on the Guyana side of things and then we can focus on the US piece.

Unfortunately, it's the US side of things that are a bit of a mystery to me right now. I've asked Hopscotch repeatedly to please let me know the necessary steps I need to take, but they have yet to adequately answer the question so I still don't know when to do what. Sadie was able to get us through the Guyana side of the process, but the US side is all on us to figure out with no in-country help from our agency. It's extremely frustrating.

To add to the complication, I asked Hopscotch again today regarding the several forms we have yet to submit and when that happens AND that it appeared that Shane needed to sign one of the forms. Of course that was never mentioned by Hopscotch until I brought it up today and now Shane is in the US so we'll need to figure out how to get his original signature on the page. A frustration and expense that could have been avoided had Hopscotch answered my several questions about the process weeks ago when I had asked.

On a bright note, I spoke with Jennie who had adopted from Guyana last year, and she said the US side only took a few days to complete. So we just may make it home in a couple weeks after all.



No comments: