Sunday, September 15, 2019

Day 20: Fedex is on the move

It's Sunday in Georgetown without anything to do but pass the day away.  While the day was pretty quiet and uneventful, I did wake up to some good news. I checked the Fedex tracking of our package, expecting it to still be stuck in Tennessee where it had sat all day Saturday. But early this morning, it landed in Puerto Rico!! The next stop will be Trinidad and then Georgetown. It's quite possible I just may get it on Tuesday! Woo hoo!!


Aria and I spent the entire day at the hotel. The sun came up and we gazed out our big window to watch the boats go by like we do every day. But this day was a bit of a surprise...the ocean was blue! Along the Georgetown coast, the ocean is brown due to silt that is carried by the river and drained into the ocean. Because of the silt from the river, mud flats can be found up to 15 miles offshore making navigating a boat near the coastline dangerous. But today it was a beautiful blue sight to see.


Tomorrow is another day of nothing. But hopefully come Tuesday we can make some progress! Goodnight from Guyana!




No comments: