With nothing to do today, we had a slow start to our morning and eventually made our way down to the pool for a late breakfast. Aria gobbled up some mashed bananas, strawberries and kiwi. After breakfast, we slowly strolled around the hotel. Aria loves riding in the stroller. I just wish we had more places to walk around.
We spent the rest of the day in our room. We've been working on range of motion stretches to help loosen up her right arm and leg. That little thumb of hers sure likes to curl up tight but she's doing a good job letting me move the rest of her fingers, arm and leg. She is slowly becoming less stiff and even willingly had both legs curled up in bed.
Her head control is also slowly improving. It's so exciting when she lifts her head up like such a big girl to look around. I tried to snap a photo over my shoulder while holding her but it was not an easy task. Look at our girl holding her head up! YAY!
Shane shipped his documents yesterday and I've been stalking the Fedex tracking site ever since. I probably checked 100 times today hoping to see some progress but it appears that Fedex International doesn't ship on Saturdays so our package is stuck in Tennessee until Monday. The chance of getting it by 1:00 pm on Tuesday so that our process isn't delayed looks to be slim.
I had been hoping to be wrapped up and ready to head home on Saturday, but a day delay could mean we'd need to stay through the weekend and finish up on Monday. Once I get Shane's signature pages and Aria's passport, I'll drop the documents off at the Embassy to be reviewed, receive I600 approval, have Aria's medical exam with the Embassy doctor, then back to the Embassy for the visa interview and finally the visa will be issued.
We have nothing on the agenda until Tuesday, so the next couple days will be low key. Fingers crossed everything comes together quickly and we can be heading home soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment