Sunday, September 01, 2019

Day 6: A visit to Kim and Ivan's

This morning we hung out at the Marriott. Shane's been taking advantage of the gym while Aria and I relax in our room. We grabbed lunch outside by the pool and then headed over to Kim and Ivan's house to make some baby food. Last time we were here, Aria barely ate so I was surprised to see just how much she loves to munch. Guyana doesn't have the selection of baby food that we have in the US, so Kim invited us over to use her food processor.

Kim and Ivan are expats living here in Guyana with their 2 kids. Kim and I got connected through the Colombian Adoptions Facebook group. They adopted their daughter years ago from Colombia. It's so nice to have someone here to ask questions about places to eat and things to do.

Since we are trying to boost up Aria's weight, we picked up some garbanzo beans and avocados to puree. Kim even pureed some of the Colombian stew that she was making for dinner. We left Kim and Ivan's with enough food for Aria to last a week.

When we got back to our hotel, it was time to try out her new food options. I gave Aria a tiny bite of the pureed Colombian stew. I wasn't sure what Aria would think of it, but she ate the most I've ever seen her eat. She LOVED it!!

For dinner, we decided to order Pizza Hut delivery and relax in our room. While the food at the hotel is very good, it is quite expensive and we have a long stay ahead of us. The pizza hit the spot and will likely be dinner for tomorrow too.

Aria is doing so well. She's very alert and loves to take in the scenery around her. She loves riding in the car and playing peek-a-boo. She is such a giggling little sweet pea and is so stinking cute. We just love our tiny little princess.



Aria loves her pacifier and will use her left hand to keep it in her mouth. It's adorable! She hates wearing headbands, no matter how hard I try to put one on to tame her crazy locks, but I did manage to place a loose one on top of her head. I'm hoping she gets used to the headband for her first photo shoot that is just around the corner.


We are praying for good news tomorrow regarding our court case. Sadie said to be ready just in case she gets word for us to head to the court. We are hoping the judge will grant us our Final Order tomorrow so we can move on to the next step in the process. We have a lot we'd like to accomplish before Shane leaves for home on Saturday.


No comments: