We had another fun filled day spent in traffic, but we are officially DONE with paperwork! Rose and I left this morning for the US Embassy and applied for her visa. We were told we could pick it up today, but not until 2:00. So we headed back to our apartment complex to grab a quick lunch before our driver picked us up again (just 45 minutes later!) to drive back to the embassy.
Her visa wasn't quite ready at 2:00 so we killed some time chatting with a family from Florida who was there getting a visa for their newly adopted son. Soon the man that I had spoken with motioned me over to the window, handed me Rose's Colombian passport with her visa and her paperwork for when we enter Immigration at the airport in Atlanta. Once we clear Immigration, she will officially be a US citizen!
Now that we are finally done with the paperwork, we can spend the rest of our time here enjoying this beautiful country. We will be flying home Sunday, April 19th on Delta 744 from Atlanta arriving at 4:40 pm. While we will miss our time in Colombia, we are eager to get home and start our lives as a family of 5!
Goodnight from Bogota from the Slominski niños!
1 comment:
I am so bummed that I won't be at the airport for your arrival ! I come home from AZ on Apr 21 - well, I am hoping you are at Phalen for the 5K ? Safe travels home - Hugs from AZ Jill
Post a Comment