Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day 19 in Colombia!

Well, it was a rather tough day for the familia Slominski. Shane left at 5:30 am for the airport to head back to Minnesota. It was really hard seeing him go. The sole responsibility for our little bundle of energy now rests in my novice hands. Not to mention that Owen and I are both dealing with nasty colds so neither of us are up to par.

Owen slept good last night so he and Mama were able to get some much needed rest. The morning went fairly well considering we were 2 hands short of help. He went down for a nap like clock work to give me just enough time to get ready for the day.

At 12:30 we met up with the Henry’s and Sibley’s to do a bit of shopping at the La Fontona market. Then it was off to the Bogotá Beer Company with the Sibley’s for lunch. After lunch Owen was exhausted and slept for 3 hours! It was just what he needed.

He felt much better after his nap and we had some fun playing in the apartment.

It's fun to shred tissues!

Check out all my teeth!

My cup tastes great...

I love playing under the bed...

I found your sock Mom!

After dinner, Owen asked to go play with Taciano and Lilliana, so we took off down the hall to meet up with his friends. He had a blast playing with his pals!

We’ll see how tomorrow goes for us!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jess - Love all the updates, but I miss ya too & want to talk about all your excitement & adventures so please send me your info. in Coloumbia so I can possibly give you a jingle or at least send you a package, Owen's not even home & I've already missed his birthday :) LoL! Hopefully the time flies with Shane gone & until you are back home together as a happy family, looking forward to visiting! Email me when ya get a second - take care! Love Ya!

Love, Faye