Thursday, August 21, 2008

Day 23 in Colombia!

Owen slept in until 8:30 this morning! A new record!! But since he slept in so late, he didn’t want to take his morning nap, which caused some problems for his mama. (I sure rely on that nap!) Around 9:30, Maria Teresa de Perez stopped by for a quick visit. We spent the rest of our morning playing in our apartment.

Owen's favorite game - "throw everything I can reach on the floor"

After lunch we ventured out to the drugstore across the street to pick up some formula. They only had the small can so we were going to stop by the grocery store to buy a grande can, but one look at the black clouds in the sky and we were on our way back to our apartment. We made it back just before the rain started pouring down.

After the rain stopped, we headed to the grocery store to load up on some essentials. On our way back this time, we stopped at the office of our apartment to get a recommendation on a place to get Owen’s birthday cake. Before I could even ask the question, I was told that our new room was ready so we could finally move! By this time it was about 3:15 in the afternoon so I’m not sure how long they knew that the room was ready, but she then asked me how soon I could be out of our old room since they were booked solid and needed one of our rooms ASAP. I hadn’t packed anything up since they had postponed our move twice, so we ran off to our apartment and started throwing everything into suitcases (well, I was putting things in, but Owen prefers to pull things out!) Luckily, Korene stopped by to see how things were going. She was able keep Owen preoccupied so I could get everything packed. By 4:15, we were in our new pad. The rest of our evening was spent unpacking. I still have some work to do on getting organized, but things are looking promising! Hopefully there will be no more moves until we head back to Minnesota - 5 times is enough for us!

Owen testing out the new couch

Mom, this cracker doesn't seem to fit!

The new coffee table tastes good...

...and so does the new couch!

Mmmmm... Manzana con Yogurt!

I love unpacking!

Spaghetti is tasty!

Pics of our new pad...

1 comment:

Laura & Chris said...

Looks like a nice place! I bet you're just counting the minutes till your mom and brother get there. They arrive today (Friday), right? Thanks for all the pics! Keep posting!!