Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 27 in Colombia!

We had quite the relaxing day! We spent the morning playing and attempting to get Owen dressed for the day - the fewer clothes the better for him!

I'm SOOOOOO big!!

That tickles Mom!!
I called FANA later in the morning to schedule a time to drop off the donation suitcase that my family had brought with from Minnesota. I spoke with Maria Teresa who was very excited to have Grandma and Uncle James come for a tour of FANA. She also informed me that our paperwork had been accepted by the court on Thursday (August 21st), so things are moving forward!

For lunch we headed off to Crepes and Waffles. Owen and Uncle James had fun playing peek-a-boo while we waited for our food to arrive.
Grandma, Uncle James is so silly!
Owen's a bit of a slow eater - lunch lasted almost 2 hours! He just couldn't get enough of his crepe!

Crepes and Waffles!

I love this place!!!

Then it was time for dessert - we all ordered ice cream of course! Owen thought it was delicious!

Open wide!!

Ummmmm....that's good stuff!

After lunch, we headed to Unicentro to burn off some calories. We walked all over the mall. I must say I've been there many times and didn't know they had an area with all sorts of games and rides for kids. Owen was asleep at the time, otherwise I'm sure he would have wanted to take a ride on the merry-go-round.

After a quick stop at the grocery store, we headed back to our apartment for an evening of relaxation and play time. Owen had a ton of fun playing with Grandma and Uncle James!

After getting his pjs on, he did his usual dash off the bed to do some last minute crawling around before bedtime. But instead of darting head first off the bed and having Mom turn him around to go feet first which is our usual routine, he turned around all by himself! He's sure getting to be a big boy!

No comments: